‘Focus on Nature’ 2018 Photo Contest
November 15 @ 8:00 am - December 31 @ 11:59 pm
PHOTO CONTEST OVERVIEW
From the rolling mountains of the Coast Range to oak prairies, the winding Willamette River, and all the small details in between, the majesty of nature in the mid-Willamette Valley can be difficult to capture. Greenbelt’s annual Focus on Nature photo contest gives photographers – amateurs and seasoned professionals alike – the chance to showcase their skills to uniquely highlight the magnificence and wonder of nature in our home. Your photographs will help Greenbelt Land Trust to protect the Valley’s diversity of wildlife, people, plants, and habitats. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography!
The Photo Contest begins at 8:00 am on November 15, 2018, and ends at 11:59 pm on December 31, 2018, Pacific Standard Time. Entries submitted before or after the entry period will not be eligible.
Photos should be taken in, from, or near a Greenbelt Land Trust natural area or a partnering organization’s owned or managed open space in Benton, Linn, Marion, and Polk Counties of Oregon.
- People and Nature: Recreation, adventure, or a memorable outdoor experience
- Landscape: A sense of place with or without people
- Water: Above, below, or in a waterbody
- Trails: Connect with nature along public trails at Bald Hill Natural Area, Bald Hill Farm, Mulkey Ridge, Fitton Green, and beyond
- Wildlife: In the wild or in the backyard
- Creativity: These photos allow artists the opportunity to edit and alter their images for a unique perspective.
- Close-ups: These photos show little details that you can only find by paying close attention to the world around you.
- Aspiring photographers: For photographers 17 and under
One (1) overall Grand Prize Winner will receive a $100 Peaks Sports gift card
Eight (8) top winners, one from each category, will each receive a gift card from a local business
All images must be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit digital files (.JPEG, .jpg, or .png format) no larger than 4032 x 4032 pixels and no more than 4 MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded a prize. There is no limit to the number of entries and the number of categories entered.
Entrants are to provide the following information in their submission email:
- Title of the photo
- Caption: Describe what we see and where it was taken
- Select a category from the above list
- Location where photo was taken
- Was the image taken in a Greenbelt Land Trust natural area?
- Was the image taken with a mobile device?
Winners will be selected by a panel of Greenbelt Land Trust staff, board members, and volunteers. Winners will be announced on January 15, 2018.
Questions and inquiries about contest can be emailed to email@example.com.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit—including ownership if applicable. If you submit a photograph to the Photo Contest, you grant Greenbelt Land Trust a royalty-free, non-exclusive right in perpetuity to display the photograph(s) digitally, in print, and via social media.
Note: Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment by the photographer will be ineligible.