- This event has passed.
National Trails Day- Volunteer Field Day **FILLED**
June 3, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
*Thank you for your interest! This volunteer day is currently full.
The journey continues along the trail! The beloved trails at Bald Hill Farm need some TLC, or Trail Loving Care! GLT is looking for some hardy volunteers with a big heart to help repair trails for the entire community. Let’s celebrate National Trails Day by giving back to our local trails!
Join us to patch damaged sections of trail and to clear vegetation from trail edges so hikers don’t get poison oak and weed seeds don’t spread. We’ll be shoveling gravel and moving it up to 1 mile in motorized toters. Hand tools will be used to apply gravel to trails and to control trailside vegetation.
- Being active at your own pace for several hours
- Hiking up to 6 miles on uneven natural surface trail where some poison oak is present
- Carrying hand tools and gear
- Shoveling and steering a motorized toter for up to one mile
- Lifting, bending, and raking
Recommended for ages 16+. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.